Finally, the most excited European Football League is back. GK Sports Pub brings you an overview of the 2017/2018 Champions League.
Real Madrid is looking for being the second club in winning the trophy three times in a row since Bayern Munich did from 1974 to 1976.
Regarding Eurosport, the white team is the favourite to be the European Football King for the 13th time. However, It won´t be easy for them. Some of the teams are stronger than last year and all of them are hunger of victory.
Group A: Benfica, Man United, Basel, CSKA Moscow
• Manchester United under it experienced coach Jose Mourinho is the favourite in this group.
• Last time Man. Utd was in a group with FC Basel (2011/12), they were knocked out in at that stage.
Group B: Bayern Munich, PSG, Anderlecht, Celtic
• Bayern Munich and PSG are the two favourites to qualify out of their group. The German team has a domestic supremacy, so this season Carlo Ancelotti has the mission to convert it into continental success. In the other hand, PSG with all eyes on Neymar has the mission to go cross the quarters after 22 years.
Group C: Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Roma, Qarabag
• This is one of the toughest groups. It will be an interesting test for Chelsea (the former Premier League winner), Atletico Madrid (favourite of the group) and Roma with it new sporting Director Monchi
Group D: Juventus, Barcelona, Olympiakos, Sporting CP
• Juventus has lost two finals in 2015 and 2017. Most likely It will be Gianluigi Buffon last season, so they will do their best to get the trophy.
• Barcelona is in their lowest state in last decade. Even though is always a strong team, they have won the Champions League in four of the last 12 seasons
Group E: Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Liverpool, Maribor
Sevilla against Liverpool was the 2016 Europa League final in 2016. Some things changed, Sevilla has lost manager Jorge Sampaoli to Argentina and more importantly, sporting director Monchi went to Roma. Liverpool has now one of the best attacks in Europe.
Group F: Shakhtar Donetsk, Man City, Napoli, Feyenoord
• Manchester City is considered the favourite of the group with high-class players and the well-known manager Guardiola. Napoli is the next option to get out of the group
• Group G: Monaco, Porto, Besiktas, RB Leipzig
• Monaco is the favourites of the group, they have reached the knockout stages in six of their previous seven Champions League participations, including the final in 2004 (0-3 v Porto). However, this season they lost Mendy, Bakayoko, Bernardo Silva and Kilian Mbappe.
• Porto has lost three of their last 18 Champions League group games (W10 D5).
Group H: Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Tottenham, APOEL
• Real Madrid is not only the favourite of the group but also the favourite to win another Champions League. It is an interesting group, Borussia Dortmund has offered great encounters with Madrid in the group stages over the past few years
THE ODDS by Betfair 12/09/2017
Real Madrid – 4/1
PSG – 13/2
Bayern Munich – 13/2
Barcelona – 7/1
Man City – 10/1
Man Utd – 10/1
Juventus – 14/1
Atletico Madrid – 22/1
Liverpool – 16/1
Borussia Dortmund – 33/1
Tottenham – 33/1
11/12/17: Round of 16 draw
13–14/02/18 and 20–21/02/18: Round of 16, first leg
06–07/03/18 and 13–14/03/18: Round of 16, second leg
16/03/18: Quarter-final draw
03–04/04/18: Quarter-finals, first leg
10–11/04/18: Quarter-finals, second leg
13/04/18: Semi-final and final draw
24–25/04/18: Semi-finals, first leg
01–02/05/18: Semi-finals, second leg
26/05/18: Final (NSK Olimpiyski, Kyiv)